Building, coaching, and leading teams to produce efficient, high quality photos. Developing effective, successful leaders. Creating and streamlining digital imaging workflows. Managing resources and assets.
Post Production Skills
Advanced retouching for print, web, and mobile. Photo restoration. Adobe Photoshop and InDesign. Raw image processing. Color management.
Director of Post-Production and Retouching
February 2017 – present
U.S. Retouch Manager
March 2013 – February 2017
- Grew, developed, and lead the photo retouch team for Net-A-Porter, Mr Porter, and The Outnet.
- Handled resource planning, headcount, recruiting, and training.
- Improved individual retoucher performance by 40 percent and continually increased my team’s volume.
- Collaborated to create the best e-commerce workflow and highest photography standards with the fastest turnaround times.
- Continually innovated: Partnered with GQ and Google. Launched Net-A-Porter, The Outnet, and Mr Porter site refreshes. Launched multiple brands, including Lancome beauty and Bremont watches.
- Built a positive, successful, solutions-focused team, relocating talent from all over the U.S.
February 2008 – present
- Retouching and proofing for commercial studios, including Lord & Taylor, Ralph Lauren, and Macy’s. Photo restoration for families, authors, etc.
- Restored, retouched, and color-corrected all 340 photos in the coffee table book Jersey Girls: The Fierce and the Fabulous.
- Volunteer retoucher at careforsandy.org.
Senior Digital Imaging Specialist
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
June 2010 – June 2012
- Retouched MSLO’s flagship magazine Living, and solely responsible for retouching photos of Martha Stewart.
- Collaborated with Martha Stewart, creative directors, art directors, and production associates to deliver the best quality imagery in print and mobile.
- Mentored new hires, profiled and calibrated monitors, maintained proofers, and tested retouch candidates.
- Helped create iPad imaging and animation workflow.
- Saved our department $95k per year by streamlining our workflow and bringing all retouching back in-house.
August 2005 – February 2008
- Lead retoucher for Scholastic News, Choices, Scope, MATH, and Clifford magazines, posters, and books.
- Profiled and calibrated monitors. Managed color for printing on various paper stocks.
- Worked with art directors, editors, and production associates to produce the best educational materials for teachers and students.
- Helped set up in-house proofing to save our department time and money.
American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) 2012 Best Lifestyle Magazine Cover
Martha Stewart Living, December 2011, “Make It a Magical Holiday”
Society of Publication Designers (SPD) 2011 Tablet App of the Year
Martha Stewart Living: Boundless Beauty, November 2010
Association of Educational Publishers (AEP/EdPress) 2007 Distinguished Achievement Award
Scholastic “Winter Animals” poster