U.S. Retouch Manager
March 2013 – present
- Grow, develop, and lead the retouch team for Net-A-Porter, Mr Porter, and The Outnet.
- Improved individual retoucher performance by 40 percent and continue to increase my team’s volume.
- Collaborate with the UK team to create the best workflow and achieve the highest standards with the fastest turnaround times.
- Educate other teams about what my team and I do, and our effect on the wider business.
- Continually innovate: Partnered with GQ (GQ Selects) and Google (Glass). Launched Net-A-Porter, The Outnet, and Mr Porter site refreshes. Launched Lancome beauty. Won our web site design challenge.
- Created a positive, successful, highly sought-after retouching team, relocating talent from all over the U.S. and maintaining a 100 percent retention rate.
February 2008 – present
- On-site retouching, prepress imaging, and proofing for various studios, including Lord & Taylor, Ralph Lauren, Macy’s, and Gotham Inc.
- Off-site retouching and photo restoration for photographers, businesses, actors, models, authors, families, etc.
- Restored and retouched all 340 photos in the 2011 coffee table book Jersey Girls: The Fierce and the Fabulous, by Marie Moss and Barri Leiner Grant.
- Volunteer retoucher at careforsandy.org.
Senior Digital Imaging Specialist
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
June 2010 – June 2012
- Retouched MSLO’s flagship magazine Living, and solely responsible for retouching photos of Martha Stewart.
- Worked with Martha Stewart, creative directors, art directors, and production associates to deliver the best quality imagery in print and mobile.
- Mentored new hires, profiled and calibrated monitors, maintained proofers, and tested retouch candidates.
- Helped create iPad imaging and animation workflow in 2010.
- Saved the department $95k per year by streamlining the workflow and keeping all retouching in-house.
August 2005 – February 2008
- Lead retoucher for Scholastic News, Choices, Scope, MATH, and Clifford magazines, posters, and books.
- Profiled and calibrated monitors. Managed color for printing on various paper stocks.
- Worked with art directors, editors, and production associates to produce the best educational materials for teachers and students.
- Helped set up in-house proofing in 2007 to save the department time and money.
Digital Imaging Technician
The Big Picture Inc.
October 2003 – August 2005
Internet Retailing Awards 2013 International, Global, and M-Retailing Commended Winner
WGSN Global Fashion Awards 2013 Best E-Store
American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) 2012 Best Lifestyle Magazine Cover
Society of Publication Designers (SPD) 2011 Tablet App of the Year
Martha Stewart Living: Boundless Beauty, November 2010
Association of Educational Publishers (AEP/EdPress) 2007 Distinguished Achievement Award
Scholastic “Winter Animals” poster