U.S. Retouch Manager
March 2013 – present
- Grow, develop, and lead the retouch team for Net-A-Porter, Mr Porter, and The Outnet.
- Improved individual retoucher performance by 40 percent and continue to increase my team’s volume.
- Collaborate with the UK team to create the best workflow and achieve the highest standards with the fastest turnaround times.
- Continually innovate. Partnered with GQ (GQ Selects) and Google (Glass). Launched Net-A-Porter, The Outnet, and Mr Porter site refreshes. Launched Lancome beauty.
- Created a positive, successful, highly sought-after retouching team, relocating talent from all over the US while maintaining a 100% retention rate.
February 2008 – present
- Retouching and proofing for commercial studios, including Lord & Taylor, Ralph Lauren, and Macy’s. Photo restoration for families, authors, etc.
- Restored, retouched, and color-corrected all 340 photos in the coffee table book Jersey Girls: The Fierce and the Fabulous, by Marie Moss and Barri Leiner Grant.
- Volunteer retoucher at careforsandy.org.
Senior Digital Imaging Specialist
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
June 2010 – June 2012
- Retouched MSLO’s flagship magazine Living, and solely responsible for retouching photos of Martha Stewart.
- Worked with Martha Stewart, creative directors, art directors, and production associates to deliver the best quality imagery in print and mobile.
- Mentored new hires, profiled and calibrated monitors, maintained proofers, and tested retouch candidates.
- Helped create iPad imaging and animation workflow in 2010.
- Saved our department $95k per year by streamlining our workflow and bringing all retouching back in-house.
August 2005 – February 2008
- Lead retoucher for Scholastic News, Choices, Scope, MATH, and Clifford magazines, posters, and books.
- Profiled and calibrated monitors. Managed color for printing on various paper stocks.
- Worked with art directors, editors, and production associates to produce the best educational materials for teachers and students.
- Helped set up in-house proofing to save our department time and money.
American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) 2012 Best Lifestyle Magazine Cover
Society of Publication Designers (SPD) 2011 Tablet App of the Year
Martha Stewart Living: Boundless Beauty, November 2010
Association of Educational Publishers (AEP/EdPress) 2007 Distinguished Achievement Award
Scholastic “Winter Animals” poster