Build, coach, and lead retouching teams to produce efficient, high quality imagery. Create and streamline imaging workflows. Manage resources, assets, and budgets.
Post Production Skills
Advanced retouching for print, web, and mobile. Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Bridge. Raw image processing. Photo restoration. Color management.
Director of Post-Production and Retouching
February 2017 – present
- Develop, lead, and support Splashlight’s in-house photo retouching teams in NYC, Columbus, Montreal, and Baltimore.
- Partner with clients to create and evolve custom retouching workflows.
- Expand third-party vendor relationships and improve their quality and prices.
- Collaborate with our product development team to test new technologies and create the best tools.
- Reduced my department’s spending by 6.5%.
- Built and trained Under Armour’s new e-commerce studio retouching team.
U.S. Retouch Manager
March 2013 – February 2017
- Grew, developed, and lead the photo retouch team for Net-A-Porter, Mr Porter, and The Outnet.
- Handled resource planning, headcount, recruiting, and training.
- Improved individual retoucher performance by 40 percent and continually increased my team’s volume.
- Collaborated to create the best e-commerce workflow and highest photography standards with the fastest turnaround times.
- Continually innovated: Partnered with GQ and Google. Launched Net-A-Porter, The Outnet, and Mr Porter site refreshes. Launched multiple brands, including Lancome beauty and Bremont watches.
- Built a positive, successful, solutions-focused team, relocating talent from all over the U.S.
June 2012 – March 2013
- Retouched and proofed for commercial studios, including Lord & Taylor, Ralph Lauren, and Macy’s.
- Restored, retouched, and color-corrected all 340 photos in the coffee table book Jersey Girls: The Fierce and the Fabulous.
- Volunteer retoucher at careforsandy.org.
Senior Digital Imaging Specialist
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
June 2010 – June 2012
- Retouched MSLO’s flagship magazine Living, and solely responsible for retouching photos of Martha Stewart.
- Collaborated with Martha Stewart, creative directors, art directors, and production associates to deliver the best quality imagery in print and mobile.
- Mentored new hires, profiled and calibrated monitors, maintained proofers, and tested retouch candidates.
- Helped create iPad imaging and animation workflow.
- Saved our department $95k per year by streamlining our workflow and bringing all retouching back in-house.
American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) 2012 Best Lifestyle Magazine Cover
Martha Stewart Living, December 2011, “Make It a Magical Holiday”
Society of Publication Designers (SPD) 2011 Tablet App of the Year
Martha Stewart Living: Boundless Beauty, November 2010
William Paterson University, Wayne, NJ.