retouching portfolio: robdicaterino.com
Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
Wacom pen tablet.
Creating and streamlining imaging workflows.
Interviewing and testing retouching candidates.
Training and mentoring retouching teams.
U.S. Retouch Manager
March 2013 – present
- Manage the U.S. retouching studio for Net-A-Porter, Mr Porter, and The Outnet.
- Mentor and develop the team.
- Mark up and approve photos.
- Interview and test potential retouchers and interns.
- Work closely with the other in-house studio teams and UK teams to offer support and streamline the workflow.
- Brought all retouching back in-house, expanded the team, and increased weekly targets within my first two months.
- Helped launch on-model retouching for The Outnet in May 2013 and editorial-style retouching for Net-A-Porter in July 2013.
February 2008 – present
- On-site retouching, prepress imaging, and proofing for various clients, including Lord & Taylor, Ralph Lauren, Macy’s, Gotham Inc., 4th Floor NY, and other studios.
- Off-site retouching and photo restoration for photographers, businesses, actors, models, authors, families, etc.
- Restored and retouched all 340 photos in the 2011 coffee table book Jersey Girls: The Fierce and the Fabulous, by Marie Moss and Barri Leiner Grant.
- Volunteer retoucher at careforsandy.org.
Senior Digital Imaging Specialist
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
June 2010 – June 2012
- Lead retoucher for MSLO’s flagship magazine Living, and solely responsible for retouching photos of Martha Stewart.
- Also retouched for MSLO’s other magazines (Martha Stewart Weddings, Whole Living, and Everyday Food), books, ads, and iPad digital magazines/apps.
- Communicated directly with Martha Stewart, art directors, creative directors, and production associates to manage and prioritize projects.
- Tested potential retouchers, trained new employees, profiled and calibrated monitors, and maintained proofers.
- Helped create iPad imaging and animation workflow in 2010.
- Helped streamline workflow to keep all retouching in-house, saving the department up to $100k each year.
August 2005 – February 2008
- Lead retoucher for Scholastic News, Choices, Scope, MATH, and Clifford magazines, plus educational posters and books.
- Profiled and calibrated monitors. Managed color for printing on various paper stocks.
- Communicated directly with art directors, editors, and production to manage projects.
- Helped set up in-house proofing in 2007.
Digital Imaging Technician
The Big Picture Inc.
October 2003 – August 2005
- Scanned and retouched images for large, high resolution output. Matched colors to clients’ specs.
- Specialized in wide-format inkjet printing, including banners, posters, vehicle wraps, retail displays, and billboards.
- Worked one-on-one with high profile clients, including Macy’s, Hearst, Lincoln Center, and Saks Fifth Avenue.
Internet Retailing Awards 2013 International, Global, and M-Retailing Commended Winner
WGSN Global Fashion Awards 2013 Best E-Store
American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) 2012 Best Lifestyle Magazine Cover
Society of Publication Designers (SPD) 2011 Tablet App of the Year
Martha Stewart Living: Boundless Beauty, November 2010
Association of Educational Publishers (AEP/EdPress) 2007 Distinguished Achievement Award
Scholastic “Winter Animals” poster